Scroll down to get the recipe for a healthy cauliflower salad!
There is so much power and truth to this saying. When we enter the week prepared for what is ahead, not only does our life run better, but we feel better.
My challenge to you this week is to carve out a little time on the weekend to think about how you can best prepare for the week ahead.
Choose an area of health you most want to focus on. For example, if it’s fitness, look at your calendar and decide what activities you want to do and when – both day and time. (P.S. Here’s a great video of exercises to help with those love handles for those times we eat too much junk food and not enough salads!)
Maybe if you’re interested in attending a fitness class then this is the time to register. If you wait till the last minute, not only are you less likely to go, but the class may be full.
The more details you iron out ahead of time, the greater the chance you will do it.
If nutrition is a priority for you, spend some time choosing some recipes, creating a grocery list, and shopping.
I like to make a couple of recipes ahead of time to prepare for days that have an extra packed schedule.
Here’s a cauliflower salad recipe that we just love. It’s so rewarding to open the fridge on a busy workday and find something already made that is tasty and healthy.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
(quantities can be adapted, to taste)
- one head cauliflower
- 4 large or 7 medium carrots
- one bunch parsley
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 green onions
- ras el hanout (see recipe below)
- Optional: 4 tbsp dried cranberries or 6 pitted dates
- Cut cauliflower and carrots into large pieces and toss together in oil and ras al hanout (you can buy the spice blend, or you can make your own using the recipe below).
- Roast cauliflower and carrot mixture in oven until fully cooked at 400 F. Once cooked, let cool a bit.
- Once the cauliflower and carrots have cooled a bit, chop up and add: parsley, almonds, green olives, green onion. Gently mix everything together.
- Optional: Add dried dates or cranberries
- Make the dressing: lemon juice, olive oil, ras al hanout
- Toss the salad in the dressing and enjoy!
Enjoy this cauliflower salad as-is or serve alongside protein of choice. I like it next to grilled chicken. For a vegetarian version, you can add chickpeas directly to the salad.
Recipe for Ras el Hanout:
Ingredients for Ras el Hanout:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
Intructions for for Ras el Hanout:
- Mix spices together & enjoy
Tell me how you like this salad!
Looking for more recipes? Check them out here.